Friday, September 22, 2006

Entry 11


Thanks to class being optional on Wednesday, I was able to arrive early to see Sufjan Stevens at the Fox. I had been looking forward to this show for quite some time. It was phenomenal. And the Fox was more fabulous than I remember. I saw Tori Amos there in '96, and a screening of The Matrix in the summer of '00. So this was my 3rd visit. I'd never used the bathrooms there before. They are incredible. Check out the history of the Fox here, which I find rather interesting.

Everyone was wearing bird, or butterfly wings, and he often rang some bells during instrumental passages.
He played songs from most of his albums, and he brought along his own orchestra which performed beautiful renditions of his already intricate arrangements. My favorite part of the show was the encore in which he performed two of my favorite songs. I really couldn't ask for anything more in a performance. A friend of Shannon's, Tim, was in the 2nd row and he took great video and photos. Here's a clip of "Chicago"



And here's a few more pictures from the show thanks to Tim.







No comments: