Friday, November 03, 2006

Entry 27




Midlake is my current obsession. Thier latest album, The Trials of Van Occupanther, is my favorite this year so far. Its an intimate disc, with beautiful vocal melodies and harmonies. They have thoughtful lyrics, and gentle hooks. The band takes influence from America, and Fleetwood Mac, crafting a pleasant listening experience.



I used to talk to Steve, the amusing sound magician at Primal Screen, about music quite often, and he discovered that I listen to "that pretty music." Which I guess is true. I do enjoy Sufjan Stevens, Iron & Wine, Bonnie Prince Billy, Camera Obscura, and I guess Midlake would also fit in with those artists as well. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. But that's another entry. For now, enjoy Midlake's beautiful video for "Young Bride".

No comments: